If you are unhappy with the way you have been treated or a service you have received, you can make a complaint. A complaint could be that we said we would do something and we haven’t, or a decision that we have made. It could be about a one-off incident, or a series of things that have happened that made you unhappy.

Why should I make a complaint?

Barnet Children’s Services wants to hear your complaint, so that we can make positive changes to the service, and make things better for children and young people. You won’t get in trouble for making a complaint- we don’t know there is something wrong if you don’t tell us.

How can I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint by yourself, but you can also ask your Social Worker, Foster Carer, Key Worker or any adult you trust for help making a complaint.

If you feel you can’t speak to an adult you know, you can ask for an advocate. They can help you make your complaint, and help you understand the answer you get.

If you would like to know more about an advocate click here.

How can I make my complaint?

  • Send an email to Barnet Family Services Complaint team:

  • Telephone us on 0208 359 7008

  • Write us a letter and send it to: address

  • Fill in our webform here:

  • Ask you social worker for a printed copy of our complaints form, which you can fill in and post back to us


It’s important that we hear your positive feedback, so that we know what we’re doing right, and we know to keep doing it. If there’s something we’ve done well, please tell us about it!

If you would like to send us a compliment about Family Services:

  • Send an email to

  • Telephone us at 020 8359 7008

  • or simply tell the person – they will love to hear it!